3A- Your Entrepreneurship Story

The most memorable time in my life regarding entrepreneurship was when I sawRobert Herjavec racing at the 24 hour race in Daytona. Although he was there to have fun as opposed to do business, I was in awe seeing the sheer amount of money behind his racing operation. Race teams often go through multiple cars, engines, etc. not to mention the thousands of gallons of fuel and insurmountable number of tires. Knowing that he was racing as a private team, it meant that all the money to fund these things was coming from Robert rather than sponsors. I was taken back by the sheer amount of success that Herjavec had to achieve in order to run the operation, and ever since then have been inspired to shoot for the goal of becoming a successful entrepreneur, like Robert. This inspiration is the same inspiration that inspired me to take ENT3003. Because of Herjavec, I became an avid fan of the show, Shark Tank, and have often thought of what I would do if i ever got on the show. I took this class in order to better be prepared to not only create a product/solution, but also to gain valuable knowledge and insight regarding Entrepreneurship.  I'm looking forward to see how my way of thinking and knowledge of the field change as the semester progresses.Image result for robert herjavec

Comments

  1. Hi, I frequently watch SharkTank so this is how I have herd of Robert before. IT is crazy to think how many millions of dollars he has put into racing. But what I think is even crazier is that he started as a small entrepreneur just like many of others and he put a lot of hard work and determination into becoming successful. HE has his hands on a lot of different stuff but to get to here he is at now he has had many business plans and opportunities fail the only difference is he didn't have all of his marbles in one business. Many people would love to be half of what Robert is. Great post I did not know that Robert had a private racing team. Good Work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I too watch a lot of SharkTank and I never knew Richard was into racing. I have never looked up the hosts before, besides knowing of Mark Cuban because of the NBA. It is amazing to think of just how much money he goes through funding the race team to have fun. I have also wanted to ready myself if I were ever to go on the show as well. It really is great to see that there are young entrepreneurs everywhere chomping at the bit to start their own businesses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts